How to Get Anne Frank House Tickets if Sold Out
The Anne Frank House in Amsterdam is a significant historical site that attracts millions of visitors each year. As a result, getting tickets can be quite challenging, especially during peak travel seasons when they tend to sell out quickly. However, if you find yourself unable to secure tickets, there are still a few options available to explore. In this article, we will discuss alternative methods to obtain Anne Frank House tickets and answer some common questions regarding the process.
1. Book in advance: While this may seem obvious, it is essential to book your tickets as early as possible. The Anne Frank House releases tickets online two months in advance, so mark your calendar and set a reminder to book the moment they become available.
2. Check for last-minute cancellations: Due to unforeseen circumstances, some visitors may cancel their tickets. Keep checking the official Anne Frank House website regularly, as they occasionally release canceled tickets on the same day.
3. Be flexible with your dates and times: If your travel plans allow, consider visiting the Anne Frank House during less busy times, such as weekdays or early mornings. This increases your chances of finding available tickets.
4. Check ticket reselling platforms: Some visitors may sell their spare tickets on platforms like Viagogo or StubHub. However, exercise caution and only purchase from reputable sellers to avoid scams.
5. Purchase a combination ticket: The Amsterdam City Card offers a combination ticket that includes entry to the Anne Frank House. These tickets are often available even when individual tickets are sold out.
6. Take a guided tour: Several tour operators offer guided tours that include entry to the Anne Frank House. These tours usually have reserved tickets, ensuring access even if the regular tickets are sold out.
7. Visit during the evening: The Anne Frank House offers evening openings during specific periods, allowing you to explore the museum when it is less crowded. These tickets are often easier to obtain.
8. Plan an offseason visit: If possible, plan your visit to Amsterdam during the offseason when there are fewer tourists. This increases your chances of finding available tickets.
9. Join a group tour: Many travel companies and organizations arrange group tours to the Anne Frank House. These tours often have pre-allocated tickets, making it easier to gain entry.
10. Follow social media channels: The Anne Frank House occasionally announces ticket releases or special events on their social media platforms. By following them, you may get a heads-up on ticket availability.
11. Explore alternative Anne Frank-related sites: While the Anne Frank House is the most well-known, there are other sites in Amsterdam connected to Anne Frank’s life, such as the Westerkerk and the Jewish Historical Museum. Consider visiting these places to gain a deeper understanding of her story.
Q1. How far in advance should I book Anne Frank House tickets?
A1. Tickets are released online two months in advance, so it is advisable to book as soon as they become available.
Q2. Are there any discounts available for Anne Frank House tickets?
A2. No, there are no discounts available for Anne Frank House tickets.
Q3. Can I buy tickets at the Anne Frank House entrance?
A3. No, tickets can only be purchased online in advance.
Q4. How long does a visit to the Anne Frank House usually take?
A4. A visit typically lasts around 1 to 1.5 hours.
Q5. Can I take photographs inside the Anne Frank House?
A5. No, photography is not allowed inside the museum.
Q6. Are audio guides available at the Anne Frank House?
A6. Yes, audio guides are available in multiple languages for an additional fee.
Q7. Can I change the date or time of my booked tickets?
A7. No, tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Q8. Is there a dress code for visiting the Anne Frank House?
A8. No, there is no specific dress code, but visitors are expected to dress respectfully.
Q9. Is the Anne Frank House accessible for wheelchair users?
A9. Yes, the Anne Frank House is accessible for wheelchair users but has limited capacity.
Q10. Are there any age restrictions to enter the Anne Frank House?
A10. There are no specific age restrictions, but the museum recommends a minimum age of 10 due to its historical nature.
Q11. Can I bring bags or backpacks inside the museum?
A11. Large bags or backpacks are not allowed inside the Anne Frank House. There are lockers available nearby to store your belongings.
Securing tickets to the Anne Frank House may require some persistence and flexibility, but by following these tips and exploring alternative options, you can increase your chances of visiting this significant historical site. Remember to plan ahead, be patient, and immerse yourself in the powerful narrative of Anne Frank’s life.